RCU Forums - View Single Post - CPLR new plane OSMOSE
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: CPLR new plane OSMOSE

BlaBla,

I don't think CA models is going to win many favors in the US market. I think Chippy and Columbo both managed to screw enough people in the USA.

To give you an idea of their fine quality look at the Genesis Elevator photo that we had to fix. I wish they would have not screwed it up to begin with. Most of the issues could be fixed it was just the fact that CA models assembled it in such a poor way to begin with. How much time does it take to do it right? Only 10% more than it takes to do it wrong. As the boys up in Chicago that purchased like 20 kits from CA models, how many of them will spend the money with the Argentina manufacturer again.

I contacted Columbo and his answer to my email was that things like this bowed elevator happen in shipping and it was not his fault. His advice was contact Chip Hyde. Those of us that had dealings with Chip know the answer we got back. No answer. When I did get an email back I was told that I didn't know what I was doing and that this is the best plane on the market. If I couldn't tell the difference in something good and something from China I didn't deserve the honor of flying such a great designed plane.

I guess the epoxy resin used to mold the Fuze has finally started to cure now a full year later. I just wish it would have cured before the wing and stab were installed the first time.

CPLR is no doubt a great Champion. Perhaps this is the year that Quique or Honda beat him. I wish CPLR the best of luck with his new manufacturer. I give them about 2-3 more years.