RCU Forums - View Single Post - HOVERING! I've lost all hope...CAN IT BE DONE, OR NOT?
Old 05-11-2007, 12:11 AM
RCar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HOVERING! I've lost all hope...CAN IT BE DONE, OR NOT?

ORIGINAL: chazdraves
Perhaps if you can let us know more of what you're looking for, we can give better advice?
I have no idea what I'm looking for, because I don't know what's out there. I just decided that I wanted to buy a helicopter and start flying. I don't know if I'll like it or not, but I sure want to give the hobby a chance. I know that I don't want to spend more than $200 and I want an RTF.

A while ago when I first started with nitro cars, I got screwed by the local hobby shop into buying a crappy chinese truck that broke every 2 minutes. I almost hated the hobby because I thought that every car was like that one. After buying a Traxxas Revo 3.3 and an HPI RS4 3 18SS, I go to the track almost every day to run my cars, and when they brake I enjoy fixing them very much.

My point is, I don't want to buy a crappy helicopter that will make me dislike flying, but I also don't want the most expensive/professional one because I don't know if I'll be staying into flying forever. But then again, maybe I'll love flying. Who knows...