RCU Forums - View Single Post - Icepoint problem
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 10:56 AM
MHester
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Icepoint problem

Question, and this is serious.

Which nose ring do you have on that engine? if it's the nose ring that Central sells, how tight was it? Those nose rings can be so tight they fuse to the engine and utterly defeat the mount. In this case you can't even remove it with your bare hands. You have to drive it back off with tools.

IF this is the case (and it has happened to me), then you need to use a dremel sanding drum and carefully loosen that O ring until it's a snug, but slip fit...then install with lithium grease.

because what you are describing is the same thing I discovered last fall, which prompted me to get involved with Merle Hyde and start testing new stuff. great things have come of it so far, but the root of all of the evil was that super tight nose ring. So if that's the one, just check.

And do what Troy said to the stab tubes, I had to redo my stab tube as well after about 8-10 runs. And don't stop there, check EVERYTHING. I also found one of my wing adjusters had come apart and several other things. Graphic evidence of why soft mounting this beast is critical.

-Mike