RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Australian thread
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 03:52 AM
Crawf_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Australian thread

ORIGINAL: digitalimages

Hi Crawf

I looked out of the window earlier and said, " I bet he goes out and flies ".............. I was right eh ?

Sounds like a bit of a hairy experience but glad it flew OK - well it didn't have anybig misadventure. Interesting about teh COG - I balanced mine at the specified point too obviously - maybe I should bring some weights tomorrow ? I've just realised too that my lipo will be lighter even than yours

Well, give me a shout when you know what time ....... charging the lipo right now. Hope the wind drops off too by morning !!

Cheers
DI,

Pretty predictable aren't I?

Yeah the CoG is a bit strange.. I think I'll do some research on it on the net tonight but I'm pretty certain I'll need to remove some foam at the forward end of the canopy as the way it is at the moment, I can't move the LiPo any further forward... and I want to avoid having to add ballast if I can help it.

I wonder if I should have maybe let the motor protrude a little from the cowl to get more weight up front... well, too late now, I'll look at it if I ever crash and have to rebuild the nose.

At this stage it looks like the afternoon for me coming up as I have some Mothers Day duties in the morning and possibly a flight with my brother...

I'm much happier with the longer flight times, I guess in calmer conditions I could get about 45 minutes in total with the 3 LiPos.... much longer than the AM...

Will be in touch to sort out times etc.

Cheers,

Crawf