RCU Forums - View Single Post - What's your NX-76 Compression Readings?
Old 05-12-2007, 08:07 AM
.46NitroAddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's your NX-76 Compression Readings?

Hi to all NX-76 owners,

Just interested to see if anyone has ever bothered testing their engines compression, especially if its just been run in. I'm after a base line value, to see what sort of condition mine is in! (Too much spare time on my hands, & an idle mind!).
Also, if any one who has had a lot of fuel thru' theirs, & still runs hard, I would also be interested in your readings. (Like an expected life span reading, I guess).

Using a standard automotive engine compression tester (mine is the threaded type) & an adaptor I made to convert to the glow plug thread, I have the following test results. (My LE has had approx. 3-4 Gal thru' her)

Cold Engine (no after run oil added in last 48 hours) = 70 psi,
Cold Engine (4-5 drops of after run oil in plug hole) = 78 psi.

Hot Engine (straight after running thru' 1 tank full) = 60 psi,
Hot Engine (4-5 drops of after run oil in plug hole) = 72 psi.

If you have acess to a push & hold compression tester, it would be even easier to do, as you could probably do this without any adaptors!

If you have access to a tester, please let me know what compression readings your engine has got, & approximately how much use it has had!

(Thanks to my Daughter for her help with the picture - If I don't say this, she said she won't come bashin' with me anymore!).

Regards .46NitroAddict :twisted:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34169.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	682784