RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kalamazoo Fun Run 5.0
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 11:55 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kalamazoo Fun Run 5.0 preview

Anyone else ready?

This week, I got 2 giant 1100amp 12v bus battery's for free!!! They are used, but they work. Power is not gonna be a problem for me.

I picked up the triton 2 charger this week. I returned 85$ worth of pop bottles to pay for most of it! it took me almost an hour and a half at the pop bottle machine!!! easy money

My brushless motor for my 32" mono, and speed controls for that, and my little 6 cell hydro pictured will be here this week. The 32" 16 cell mono is gonna be ready. The install of the motor and ESC is easy. prop tuning is gonna be the tricky part cause it's a 1000KV motor. Lots of tourqe little RPM. Sounds like big prop time! The hydro still needs to have the stuffing tube cut, servo installed, ESC installed...and some final touches. Prop is not ready neither. I doubt I will have it with me. No time.....

Speaking of props..I just ordered some carbon ones from hobbylobby. I ordered one of each. So I have an assortment of props from 35MM to 55MM. I hope one is big enough to push the mono to nice speeds.

The JD blast cat 40 gasser pictured is ready too. I have some screws vibrate loose (my fault for not checking) and Ms.darla and I had to retrieve it after it almost sunk! I drained the water, oiled the motor, dried out the electronics, and just got done lock-titing all the screws today. She should be a blast. Gonna test her out one day this week before the run if I have time.

Alright....I'll stop ranting. Just excited!!! The pics of the BC sitting idle in the water where while it was dead drifting away. It almost sunk a few minutes later buy my flotation kept her up till I could row out and get her!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb87042.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	684028   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50467.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	684029   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc78856.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	51.8 KB