RCU Forums - View Single Post - CMPro 71" Fw-190 kitbash
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 09:20 AM
Sturtz
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CMPro 71" Fw-190 kitbash

The hozi stab will also get a little attention, to reduce it's size to a more scale size.

That big oversized horizontal stab is one of the main reasons these CMP's fly so nicely and slow down for landings.
I too wanted to start bashing mine during and after the build because of the typical non-scale FW190-A series flaws. But I could see that I was heading into that never ending search for the "LOOK" that can never be from this plane. Don't get me wrong,,, I admire anyone who strives for more realistic scale features on an ARF. And what your doing is wonderful. If you can mold some extra parts I might be interested as would others i bet. This is a cheap plane mean't for flying. It will never be a scale contest contender.
When I open RCU from my favorites list this week and see my CMP FW190 photo on the opening page I should be proud of my work and my paint scheme, etc. But instead I just think about the kit and scratch built Wurgers I see the master builders doing. Such as Ali's new 190 and the others running the big radial engines with the scale struts , flaps, blisters and oil coolers. I even see some with working cowl flaps. Others are detailed right down to the Revi gunsights. I'd be scared to death to ever fly the thing after that much labor. The saito 150 flys this plane smartly and the rx battery and onboard glow plus 7oz makes the balance perfect. This is a great plane to put a 25 to 40cc gasser in.

Again,,, I'm not being a sad sack party pooper here. I'm just saying that after all the research is done,,, your looking at making molds for everything if you want true scale. Why not just build one from scratch? Probably the same reasons I don't tackle that job.
Keep up the good work and I'll be following along as you post.