RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hyperion Spitfire vs Hand/Bungee Launching
Old 05-18-2007, 10:07 PM
quietrcfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hyperion Spitfire vs Hand/Bungee Launching

ORIGINAL: quietrcfly

ORIGINAL: V1

Hi Guy's,

I have just bought the Hyperion Spitfire and so far I am more than impressed with the kit. Unfortunatley the field that I fly from is an uneven, rough grass surface and from what I have read regarding the position of the main gear I'm thinking of hand launching/belly landing this model as well as not installing the retracts. As I have not been involved with either of these methods in the past, could anybody offer any advice.
I am aware that it is possible to purchase a bungee type launching platform, but am unsure where to order one. Also, if anybody has had some experience with belly landing this model I would like to hear how the airframe stood up.

Thanks
There is a big thread in RCGroups for this plane, so you might check there. I know guys have tossed the Hyperion P-51. One guy was saying in the P-51 thread in RCGroups today that he installed the wheel cups for the retracts because it gave him a spot to hold and toss that is just under the CG. I would think you would have a similar experince with the Spitfire.

I have not heard of anyone using a bungee launch for one of these, so I don't have any idea how well that would work

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quiet********.com