RCU Forums - View Single Post - How are ARF's made?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 06:30 AM
BRYAN01601
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How are ARF's made?

I was involved with Aviation Models when they were still around distributing the SD-models line of aircraft. I will post a link to the website that gives a pretty good look at a typical arf Factory. This particular factory built arfs for many many distributors here in the states not just Aviation Models. The secret to having them produce a good arf or a not so good arf is all in the design work. Everything for aviation models was laser cut and jig built so everything would be built corectly. Covering was precut to the exact shape needed for each covering scheme. Imagine how much easier it would be for us to cover if everything was pre-cut to the exact shape it needed to be. I remember talking to the owner of the factory and asking him about the working conditions. He said the living conditions by american standards were awefull and much like our jails. However, he said the workers there were very happy and took alot of pride in thier work. They would come to work there with little or no clothes and no food or housing. Here they recieved a bed, warm clean clothes, and were fed during the day. Yes they are probably paid pennies for the work they do but also have a place to stay and able to raise a family there and send thier kids to school. her is a link to some of the pictures.

www.aerobaticmodels.com/About/about.html