RCU Forums - View Single Post - Early Wen-Mac Identification
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 06:18 AM
injunnut1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Early Wen-Mac Identification

Hey jetpack,
There are two great 1/2A size ducted fan Scale ships (both Free Flight) in the old Air Trails magazine, I think it was? Both are powered by the Cox Thermal Hopper engine ..... one was / is the Cougar Jet, and the other is one of my long time favorites the B-66 Bomber, although this B-66 Bomber is really a twin-jet-pod under the wing motors airplane this model design uses only one proplusion unit mounted in the main fuselage. As I recall both articles show the models actually flying and I think I remember even seeing LeRoy Cox himself witnessing the B-66 flights! I have both magazines hidden away somewhere around here feeding the Roaches and Silver-Fish and I will look for them, also I do believe I was lucky enough to fluke into one of the original full size plans as sold by the magazines' respective plan services ..... come to think on it, the Cougar might have been an MAN construction article back about 1955 or so? It seems I also remember a Sabre Jet 1/2A ducted fan model from way back in the early 1/2A days? I'll see what I can dig up from my archives if anyone is interested?
Donald Garry