RCU Forums - View Single Post - My favorite hobby store
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2003, 04:13 PM
phuffstatler
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too many, and not enough...

I'm lucky(?) enough to have four hobby shops in town that carry airplanes stuff. If you want to be ignored, and have 19 year old pimply kids that only know what the latest car is, then go to either of the two Hobby Towns, you'll be treated like the weirdo airplane guy you are there. Cedar Park Hobbies is a real hobby shop, though it's almost an hour away from me. I go there when I want it, and now. Most of the time they'll have it, or can get it quickly. There's the Village Hobby shop, which is mostly trains and plastic, but they have some older FF and C/L stuff. He'll treat you well, depending on his mood that day. Oh, I forgot about Discount Hobbies up in Georgetown. Haven't been up there yet. I met the owner's son, who was nice enough... They are kitting their own planes, which I take to be actively participating in aircraft R/C...

If you don't mind waiting a bit, Tower and others like it are hard to beat... Some stuff I get from them, but mostly I get stuff at Cedar Park Hobbies. www.cedarparkhobbies.com

phil in austin