RCU Forums - View Single Post - Early Wen-Mac Identification
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Japanman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Early Wen-Mac Identification

Hi,
I tried a two EDF fans. The better in terms of design was the wemotec one, but the plastic the stator is made of is cr*ppy, The problem I found with the edf stuff is that the pitch is too high for a 1/2Aglow engines, and the plastics are not designed to handle the oil/fuel and may go soft.
The stator in your plans looks good to me.
When I meant I`d send you a carbon fan, I meant one of the design I found worked well. no constant pitch, o.k?[8D]
I have only built two 1/2A DF planes but I found <ahem, after the first> that you have to be obsessive about weight to the point where the next prop plane I built seemed like cheating! With the D.F setup you have to build a fuse that is effectively double sheeted due to having the duct, and the engine and fan weigh more like an 09 with a prop, so you start out with a tremendous challenge to keep the weight down.... but thats kind of fun, I think.
both my ducted fan planes flew in a way that must be unique to DF planes in general. Kind of super smooth- like a rocket powered glider? But way cool, I find it hard to get excited about flying prop planes now.
Do make an RC flyer- even if you have to make 40% increased size version of one of the kits. You won`t regret flying it, thats for sure.

Stefan