RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Traxxas Stampede is Disappointing
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 10:19 PM
RC10Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Traxxas Stampede is Disappointing

I'd definitely say it doesn't go over 20mph. As for the gearing, its the stock gearing that came in it. I haven't tried the optional pinion that it came with. As for my RC10B4, yeah its got a pretty fast motor, and it has all the team factory mods to it so i fully expected it to go faster but i'd say this thing is no faster than a cheap tyco r/c car you might buy at Wal-Mart.

I will take your advice and go that hobby shop, it is actually the place I bought it earlier today. Also, the reverse doesn't seem to work properly at all. I can only get it to work maybe 10% of the time, and sometimes it kicks in when I'm telling it to go forward. I did read the manual and it says that if the vehicle comes to a stop without engaging the brake that you have to make it go forward quickly and engage the brake to get it to go into reverse but, thats not the problem. It still seems to not work at all in reverse. I'm definitely thinking its a dud. Hopefully they'll swap it out without any problems tomorrow. I don't know if Jeremy is the guy i dealt with but I'll definitely ask for him tomorrow.

Thanks for all the quick replies.