RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 10:38 PM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly

Hi all, I felt well enough ( well my arm did) to make peace with my Yak. After changing the prop that bit me I with my son took her out to the field today. After making damn sure the plane was secured well I reached down and touched the prop just to get the jitters out of the way. After a few short tweeks of the needles to get the engine to run good I lined her up and said what the hell. Full power and up she went much sooner than I expected. I set my control throws at 15 degrees up and down for the first flight. Even at that she is so damn responsive that I was kind of in shock. But after about five minutes of feeling her out I came to think that this is one very nice flying plane. I did not do anything very daring with it this time because I was a bit nervous about the engine shutting down (it did not) just a lot of rolls , very crisp, and touch and go's to see how she handels. I was very happy with how slow you can fly her and still have good control responce.

I guess I won't drill her into a vertical landing to a spot to get even for the bite she gave me. I guess you could say.I"M F*&%ING HAPPY with this plane. I can't wait till I get more time on engine and learn how to really fly this Yak.

Again thanks to all of you who sent along kind words and all. This sport has some of the best quality people you could ever hope to meet.