RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anybody Re-use Aerobird Swift Guts?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 03:11 PM
tam popo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anybody Re-use Aerobird Swift Guts?

Hiya, Mclina! I'm just about to do same as yourself and already ordered the plane - a GWS Beaver (no laughing!!) slow flying thing. Disappointed with Swift (the brick!!) so a b/less Hyperion, RX and 20A esc are going into fuse with 2100Mah Lipo from my Strykers/Zagi - should be a bit better!! [>:] I've not seen the Swift electronics yet so hope there's room in GWS to install. keeping Swift wings intact with servos which will just connect to RX (there 3-wire, right?). Cost of all this is about £80 which gets me a "hot" Swift and a cool slow flyer (look on it as 2 new planes for £80). The swift RX/esc will take Lipo power just don't overdo it and it might need re-programming (see JohnCunningham and Swift427's knowledgeable comments on this). John designed and made a gizmo ($25) that allows esc to take b/less and lipo power - see under "Official Aerobird Swift" thread.
Keep us informed how you go on - why did you dump Swift, wot plane are you looking at (thought about Stryker - all the bits will fit - cheap complete fuse $20+!!). Time will tell eh. Byeee for now [8D]