RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Richard D Bahmann aka/Wrongway
My Feedback: (42)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly

Here is one you guys may enjoy.

Mounted in my 88 inch yak my Futaba R319DPS receiver had glitched last month during flight and twice I almost lost the plane. I shut down and made a sucessful deadstick and got my plane back whole.

The receiver was under warrantee so off it went to be checked out. They replaced the antenna and "resoldered the circuit board" re-calibrated and all is well. During the wait I have been flying an identical reciver which is now mounted in much more than 1/2 inch foam. (I do like these recievers)

As I am looking throug the paperwork I noticed that my shipping label was mistakenly printed for Hitec RCD and that is where I sent the Futaba reciever.[X(]

Without so much as a peep Hitec RCD had forwarded my receiver to Futaba like within a day of receipt.[[X(]
Now that is service!!!! Those guys at Hitec will have a faithful customer in the future for shure. As a disclaimer I do like Futaba as well and have no problem supporting their fine product.

Richard

PS Anytime your setup is not exactly 100% it pays not to fly. I had the smallest of warnings and really might have/should have paid the price. (I thought it was the elevator extension)