RCU Forums - View Single Post - I need help on a scratch wing I'm doing
Old 05-24-2007, 07:34 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: I need help on a scratch wing I'm doing

ORIGINAL: KC36330

kc

EDIT: I'd also use the router to mortise out so the retract was flush as well.

The thickness of the retract is same as the break plate, so can't do that. But I can mount it from the bottom of the break plate, I have not made my mind up on that yet.

I'm just leary of sanding to match the airfoil cause I'm not sure all options have been exhausted. I've looked at it and can't come up with jack crap. The only good news is I won't have to sand it till the sheeting is on, so anything that can be made up anywhere there are still places to have a little hope. If that main 1/4" ply breaks ina hard landing, There is going to be a crap load of work to get the wing back functioning.

So if at all possible to keep it full, even if I need to take the gear lower into the wing, but then that's another problem cause the aft part of the plate will now be below grade, so do I put a piece of wood on top of that to make grade again?

I don't remember having this problem with the isobar because we set the spars further back on the airplane. Trouble is, these wings are being made for an airplane that already has the spar slots and spar receivers installed, so I'm matching up to them.

Guess I'll just sand it and move on now that I'm thinking about it.

Thanks guys.