RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 10:07 PM
chipwill
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly

Maidened my 88 today.

Brillelli 60 had some issues but I got them sorted out quickly. Was pretty hot and muggy here. Motor ran great. I have a Menz 22-10 on it now. Power is good, and I expect better after break in. No tach numbers. I forgot I had my tach with me!

I don't know what my Yak weighs in at. I didn't have to add an ounce of weight to balance ( it balanced on the wing tube with two RX batteries on the engine box, ign. battery and regulator up there too.

The only downside, is I realized this am I had two Smart Fly Ignition cutoff receivers, and no transmitter unit. So, I had to set the idle as low as I could. Cannot cut off the motor with trim alone. First flight, the idle crept up and well, I would land and stay just below flying speed down the field, so instead of popping the elevators into hi rates for braking, I just took her up and spent more time getting used to it. Took 26 minutest to run out of fuel, doing IMAC style flying. After that I adjusted the idle down and was able to land and taxi at ease. Still, need the ign. cutoff!. This Yak flies every bit as good as the 87 I had two years ago. Actually, flies better. In KE flight, I had the slightest tuck to the belly, probably not even worth mixing out.

I am flying with the DX7 and it is great! I might get a module for my 9303 but for now, I don't know if I really need to.

Thank you Chris for another great airplane.

The Columbus IMAC contest is on Saturday and Sunday and I will be flying in it. Should be fun, though my sequence flying ability is pretty weak right about now!