RCU Forums - View Single Post - Industry ethics?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 10:14 AM
Insanemoondoggie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Industry ethics?

I read MinnFlyers review on the PTS and went out and bought one . Before I flew it I PM,ed him and asked him if I could fly without an instructor, No was his reply . Well he was right , long story short, lots of little piece`s. Everything in the review was right on the money.

I asked him about some mods on a GB Clipped wing Cub . I followed every thing except what he recommended for an engine and ended up changing it to what he recommended to begin with , lol.

Being a fairly new to the hobby and living out in God`s country , I depend on the reviews . As a consumer IMHO I feel the responsibility lands on me to make sure I spend wisely and do my research.

Corporations are driven buy share holders to make money for them. And it`s not just this industries , but most all corporations. These people push the product staff to make a product that sells. Is it a good product ? I don`t know. But the first thing I do is check to see if there`s a review done on it by someone that's been doing it a while. It has saved me money .

I guess the the best we can do is, If you run into a newbie , give him a hand . Steer him in the right direction.