RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official T-rex 450 XL SE Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 03:10 AM
consultjdm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official T-rex 450 XL SE Thread

Kriznz,

yes set the rudder mixing to 0/off when in HH mode.
I just center the servo by moving the stick back and forth three times and then I slide the servo on the boom to center the baldes. Then I test that it does not bind and traves almost all the distance on the shaft when I give it stick input.

then I make sure I spin the right way with the rudder stick then I make sure the gyro spins the right way (I hold it in my hand and give the stick left and right while spun up and can feel it turn correctly with the left right stick input, if that is good I don't need to reverse the servo, then when holding it spun up I turn the heli to the left and make sure I feel the gyro fight it and it turns the heli back to straight - but hold it out and away from you and make sure the blades are tight. I then set the sensitivity (gear on the DX6) if I havent already to 70 and then I test fly it. If by using trim it holds good I land unplug it and adjust the linkage and set the trim back to zero until I find the sweet spot. And I adjust the sensitivity up to almost wag If I just mainly hover or I lower it from the hover spot by 5 to 10 percent so its not fighting me on turns so much.

JD