RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL SAVAGE X 4.6 FORUM
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Kanza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL SAVAGE X 4.6 FORUM

And the flaming begins.

Seriously though. To answer some of your "gripes", the Savage isn't meant to be some mutant truggy/monster/F1 car hybrid. It's a monster truck, so you aren't going to finds things like a center diff or "decent sized" tires on it. I'f you're looking for those things, buy a Revo (or keep yours since it sounds like you already own one). Plus, why would HPI dump a .32 into the truck when the .28s they use already do the job. The larger engine would be nothing more than a bragging point.

The Savage and Revo are two completely different vehicles, made for different uses. Making any comparison between them is pretty pointless. Also, don't ever try to draw a comparison between the Savage and the T-Maxx. The Maxx was a good truck, and helped to kick open the class, but that's about it. Nowadays, you have to dump a pile of cash into one to get it to do what the Savage does out of the box. It would be natural if the combined sales of these two trucks beats the Savage, but a fair comparison would be based upon how each truck does against the Savage.

As for the Monster Jam truck, I honestly could not care less. If Traxxas needs to have a full size monster truck to get their name out there, good for them. Whether or not my toy has a full sized counterpart out roaming the States makes no difference to me.

One more thing, Traxxas doesn't sell kits. You can argue the benefits of RTR models all you want, but I will always go with the company that doesn't force me to take their entry level radio gear in place of a more durable and better performing model. Once Traxxas recognizes this, they will gain a lot more respect from those of us who like to build.