RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL SAVAGE X 4.6 FORUM
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 01:56 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OFFICIAL SAVAGE X 4.6 FORUM

I wasn't comparing a Revo to a Savage or a Tmaxx to a Savage. I was comparing companies...HPI to Traxxas and what they have to bring to the table. Keep in mind that if the Tmaxx never came to be, the Savage wouldn't be here right now. Dissing any truck wasn't the intention of my post.

I'm not a Traxxas guy at all. I currently do not own a Traxxas product. I just think they are more involved in the hobby and in turn have a larger share of the market. They must pay their marketing staff very well. HPI is breaking ground with the Wheely King (disguised rock crawler) and sponsoring major rock crawling events. Traxxas doesn't have a crawler, so that area is all HPI for now. HPI just sponsored the Digger's Dungeon monster truck shootout-so it's not like HPI isn't without a marketing pulse. With all that said, I love my Savage and would never get rid of it for a Revo or Tmaxx, but I would get rid of it for a more advanced, evolved Savage if one ever came out. How long can HPI really milk the TVP layout? If HPI wants to take the monster truck segment to the next level, it will have to re-evaluate the current Savage platform.