RCU Forums - View Single Post - "Oldschool Excalibur 40 Hawk Acomms"
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 12:37 PM
jcplinux42008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Oldschool Excalibur 40 Hawk Acomms"

Oh i will get it going 20-30 , the one thing that stands out to me is how light it weighs less than 5 pounds , of course when i add 14 cells and a new motor and esc , it will push at about 6 or so maybe , i may work out a system for a surface rudder but im trying to do as little plastic modification as possible. Trying to mod it for a surface drive is something im not even going to begin to attempt thats too much work and i might mess something up and that would be that. But my limit on space is going to be biggest challenge getting a new motor in there. I thouht also about a 700bb motor , but i still think the brushless is going to be way better and the sv27 speed control looks like it will handle what i need. I would think that the boat is doig at least 10mph right now , when i have two packs in the boat they will be mounted on either side of the motor on the two slanted parts. ok sv27 dayton when i get this worked out can you do whatever it is you doo to clock the speed of the boat , i want to know how fast i get it going , i may not get the aquacraft brushless motor and instead get something a little bit better , im not going for obvioulsy anything but personal amusement so im not worried whether im buying the highest quality , i dont want poor quality i just also dont need ultra high quailty and everthing i look at is on offshore electrics. Like i said too my goal is 20-30 so if that doesnt get me thieir i will go bigger , i will more than likely be pretty pleased after this brushless system and then work out the trim and i think with the batterries up front it may trim out better , ok so point me now in the direction of good cells i want to build the pack myself. i have thought about a possible solution to my motor space issue and that would be to use some sort of glue to glue it in place after i test run it a few times first to make sure its worth a final glue down and then attach the regular motor mount just for extra support. It will be about a month before i can even order the expensive parts so i may be able to work a few handling issues before i get the new motor , i plan on adding turn fins and trim tabs , i dont want to water cool the motor in it now just because im not going to be using it much longer , im going to use my old speed control and motor in a car im going to get sometime.on emore question and im done, would standard heat sink cooling keep the motor cool enough or is water cooling the way im going to have to go in regards to the brushless system. ok keep it coming guys oh and one other thing so i dont post again , what is a good prop too use i need one with a set screw and non threaded and i pretty sure its 4mm shaft diameter if not i already had to drill out a threaded prop to make it fit and that worked fine , jackass told me it wasnt threaded but it was , he is a plane guy so i forgive him.
Jcplinux