RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 02:39 PM
diamondave
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly

well i really am looking forward to this one now, i lost my comp arf today, bad day indeed, went out early cause i new it was going to be hot, but the sun is low and off the right of our field in the early am, i had a hard time seeing it once, kept it towards the other side for a while, but then wanted to do a nice slow ke pass from the right to left, went into the sun, kept my head down so my baseballl cap brim would help with the sun, got 1/4 of the way up the field in ke and came out, totaly lost orientation completly, was too low, had sun spots in my eyes, etc.etc, reduced power even more and tried to figure it out, fliped and rolled at least once or twice but never understood which way i was going, thought i was upright and gave up ele,, was either to low and slow and it snapped, or was still inverted, i kinda think i was too low and slow and it snapped in, landed kinda upright from the way the damage was, either way it was totalled, bummer, so i am devoted to the new yak even more, still have my ef 300e to fly in the meantime, and rd123, now i have an 80 looking for a home eventually, may end up with the am 33% yak after all, might stick with yaks, i was never a big fan of the extra, luckily i had gotten a really good deal on it so the sting isnt as bad as it could have been, still sucks though, it was a good plane to have for when it got windy....