RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 09:05 PM
diamondave
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 88" Yak - Build and Fly

yeh i was very close to getting that one anyway, but i knew what ef planes were like from having them in the past, and with rb127's feedback(he had both) i decided to get the ef yak(still waiting) and a 60 for it, but now since i lost the comp that sd yak is looking like a good replacement, the comp arf was a good plane, nice not having covering shrik and things like that in the weather, but after measuring and comparing specs, it actually has a higher wing loading than many of similar size planes, so i dont think they are the ultimate plane by any means, some of the guys in my club now, and past club said they are the only way to go, i wasnt that impressed to say that, good plane, but heavy for the wing area imo, good for imac stuff i think, but not high alpha slow 3d stuff, and thats what i like to do, it had lots of wing rock in harriers, and i know that can be alot of things causing that, but i have had other planes and did them all the same way and had better results, so my guess is the wing loading was noticable in moves like that, i will miss it the plane, but i am looking forward to this 88 yak and some other 80cc plane to replace it, not for a while though, my wife will make me wait for a long time i think