RCU Forums - View Single Post - High Wind RC Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 07:33 PM
linkadrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Wind RC Aircraft

Hello All the RC fans out there, I'm startinging this thread For the purpose of finding RC aircraft that will fly in wind speeds over 10 mph. I live in a town were the wind never stops blowing. My son and i have had some redhawks for some time to learn how to fly. They flew well at the park, but there are large wind blocks there, problem was the area is not that large and continualy flying around in circles gets a bit old after awhile. And its a public park with people wouldnt want to accidently hit someone.[&:]

So we went on the search for an area that is alot more open and found a good place to fly, problem is the wind speed in this open area is always at least 10 to 15 mph, sometimes its less. But we managed to fly the red hawk in this area and found it was a difficult task but not impossable. A few times it got away and flew several thousand feet into the air and as you know the higher you get usually the higher the wind speeds. So after 3 flights there it finally was to much for the little powered glider and she hit the ground at a very high rate of speed and that was all she wrote. RIP Red hawk [&o]

So now i'm intrested in finding an aircraft that will handle higher speed winds. Something we can fly that won't be an issue if the wind speed is 10 to 15 mph. So post your comments about your experiences with flying in high wind conditions with different aircraft and which you found to be the best in high winds and the worst seems like a good topic that i havent found any forum coverage on.

Redhawks dont fly good in high winds and this was stated in the manual and dvd that came with the aircraft. But when you have the urge to go fly something you will try anything. And so the search for a plane continues.