RCU Forums - View Single Post - Yellow Aircraft P-40 Engine?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 02:58 PM
ardrhi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yellow Aircraft P-40 Engine?

Hello everyone,
I have a very personal build coming up with this P-40. (The P-40 was the first model my father and I ever built together. He died this year.)
So here it is. My question is simple. What engine should I choose? I want the engine to fit completely within the cowl, have the capability of being outfit with scale exhaust, and of course, it needs to be reliable, well made, and have great throttle response. Easy? *laugh*
My thoughts are these. MVVS/Evolution 58 has great power to size. But the posts I have read, say that they are a nightmare with the new ignition systems. The DA-50 is a great engine, but has slightly less power than I would like. The ZDZ-80 is not much bigger than the ZDZ-60 (Pretty much the same dimensions.), and has only a slightly longer measurement from crank to cylinder head, than the other two. Thus it should still fit within the cowl of the P-40 quite nicely. What do you all think? So far, I am leaning toward the ZDZ 80. Unless there is a reason I shouldn't. Anyone have experiences with these engines, or this model that would help me make the best choice for what I want? Cost is really not an issue I would like to fret over, within the price realms of these engines. Come one, come all!

Chris