RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/4 scale long travel off road car
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2003, 02:45 AM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/4 scale long travel off road car

The MCD cars are using the Zenoah RC230 engines..

Whats up flypattern i hope you arent already giving up, I havent heard much for a few months. I think you should consider putting out chassis only, with adapters for all the common servos, and maybe even using another companys drivelines/diffs/and steering assembly! Fabricating the tubing and chassis only wont cost a ton of money in parts so you can get paid in the labor end of it right away. Also by using another companys parts for everthing besides the chassis, you allready have a parts inventory! Allthough this might require buying a FG mardor and building a frame that will work with their drive unit, steering linkage, and drivelines, it might get you into the market for low cost, and quickly!

All you need to do is buy the FG, make your own chassis that is so far above and beyond the FG people will want your frame as a upgrade. After all, its all about demand. Besides with your abilitys, I think within 6 months you could almost be ready to show the finished product off. It would only require building a tubular chromoly chassis to die for, and fitting it with all the trickest parts. Certainly within your abilitys! One suggestion....make it so cool looking people dont want to put a body on it, like the way the old Kyoshos Landjumps were....Actually I think the Kyosho style frame might be a good starting point to make something REALLY COOL! HINT HINT>