RCU Forums - View Single Post - Suprex-3D Pro - Opinions Please
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 10:12 PM
JKEP44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Suprex-3D Pro - Opinions Please

Hi, I originally bought the 400 V2 in the RTF version from the RVM shop on ebay. I love the heli now... But I definately recommend the ARF package and then add your own radio gear. Unlike Vultch I am not overwhelmingly pleased with the gyro. I still use it but the ESC and the gyro both have their power up moments. I think that the heli flys every bit as good as the T-rex but the parts situation sucks! I email them with a list and they get back to me the next day. I pay that day......and wait......and wait.... and wait. Some times the parts arrive in 9-10 days sometimes they dont get shipped for 9-10 days and take a month to arrive! You get a tracking number that tells you when they ship them and I am not always pleased with that. I just started ordering a ton of parts at a time but that is not the answer for everyone. One thing that no one has mentioned, with the radio gear that it comes with and the way the swash plate is set up you have to rewire the forward and aft movements of the cyclic stick in the transmitter to make it give you the correct control movements. One key that was mentioned before was set up. I made a set of rigging blocks for the swash plate and track the blades by spinning them up and touching the blade flying in the lower plane with a dry erase marker (dont try this if you dont know what you are doing!!) It is an old method used by the army before the cadu computer came out. Anyway, overall impression:
Helicopter its self- Awesome!
Turbo Rix radio gear- Save yourself the trouble and put it in the garbage disposal
ESC- Expensive cat toy
Gyro - So So