RCU Forums - View Single Post - U-Can-Do 3d 46?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 07:40 AM
Adrians flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: U-Can-Do 3d 46?

ORIGINAL: Barry Cazier

Also upgrade the pushrods. The 46 comes with 2/56 rods and they clearly aren't strong enough. I use carbon fiber pushrods from Central Hobbies, but many just use 4/40 rod. But you sure have to upgrade them.

Thanks
Barry

I also put carbon fiber sleeves over the 4/40 rods and held them in place with lock nuts sealed with a drop of thin CA. Also drilled three holes along each edge in the mount points for the control horns for the ailerons(just deep enough to get through the monokote) and wicked the CA into them to harden up what amounts to a very soft piece of balsa. It stiffened up the mounts points to where I can fly this thing just about any way I want to now and don't have to worry about flutter. Those are some BIG ailerons and you can't make the mounts and control rods too stiff. Was out flying this week in 20mph winds and other than needing a little reinforcing of the landing gear (a little aeropoxy did the trick), I fly when few others will even think of leaving the ground..........not sure it that's says a lot about my confidence in the build on the a/c or just my stupidity but I'm going with choice A.

Bruce