RCU Forums - View Single Post - Let's See Your SlowPokes
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 04:13 PM
jship
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Let's See Your SlowPokes

I built My SlowPoke sport 40 about three years ago. For an engine I used a Tower Hobbies .46 ABC with a three bladed Master 9x7 prop . I was surprised at low fast a SlowPoke fly's and with the plane a little nose heavy it wants to land at a fairly fast speed. I’m not saying that the SlowPoke is a speed demon, it isn’t, but when your just learning it does fly faster than the name implies.

I also, was disappointed with the GreatPlanes instruction manual. I have built several kits over the years, I have felt that GreatPlanes did not do their normal good job on this instruction manual. Having said that I should also admit that I did build the “EMD” upside down on My SlowPoke . My mistake. It was a fairly easy fix.

I recommend to people wanting to build there first kit something like the SIG four star 60 (not the four star 40, I had one and it is not laser cut and does not fly as well). It is all laser cut, and is a real JOY to build. Having said all this I am not down on GreatPlanes kits, just get two or three other kits under Your bent first.

I have not flown My SlowPoke this year, I may have only flew it a couple of times last year, But I still like having it around. I am happy for having had the build experience.

I don’t believe that I have any expo in My radio for the SlowPoke and I think the throws are set per the manual on page 25.

Enjoy.
John