RCU Forums - View Single Post - World Models Sky Raider Mach II
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 03:22 AM
AERORICH73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: World Models Sky Raider Mach II

Hi fellows: The thought just occurred to me that I failed to mention something about ARF models. Having worked on full size planes most of my life, I just take in stride the problems encountered when assembling an ARF plane. With many years of building experience, I just go through the normal correction to complete planes when the mfg has either added an error, or some constuction mistake. The point about ARF's is that a perfectly mfg plane is not what you normally get when opening up the shipping container. Depending on construction experience, or a lot of reading in the Harry Higley books, ARF, Airborne I, and II. will the thought come as to what has to be corrected to make the finish plane fly well, and be confident that it can be flown safely. For example. Have the flight control hinges been pinned, the battery moved as far forward as possible, as well as the servos, and are the control rods free of binding. What about the flight control connections? Are there plastic to plastic and metal to metal connections at the servo arms, and flight control horns? Are metal clevises used at the plastic servo arm, and flight control horns. Keep in mind that just because the hardware that comes with the plane does not mean it is the best to use in a plane that can fly in the 60mph range. Each pilot is responsible for flying a safe model, not the mfger. Am I splitting hairs here, YES I am because it only takes one crash injury to put a pilot in deep legal do-do. It is my suggestion to get the Higley books even if having years of experience in the modeling hobby. It is far better to be to smart than the other way around. I have seen a lot of models that caused a chill down my back, and the pilots had a lot better flying skills than I possess, but had questionable, safe, flying models.

Take the time to assemble it for safe flying, and the only thing left to do is practice the flying skill part of the hobby.

[email protected]