Thread: WACO YMF
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Nightstalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WACO YMF

ORIGINAL: Michaelj2k

ORIGINAL: Nightstalker

Michael - Thanks for the info on your covering and finishing methods. I am studying as many techniques as I can, and will probably use the information to come up with my own "Doggie" methods. Hey speaking of purdy, shiney aero'chines - how are those new fangled Chinooks going up there at Boeing? You guys are up to F and G models I read. Wow - I started in Super Chucks (C models with L-712 engines) then D's / MH-Ds (I crewed one of the first original MH-D models with aerial refueling probe - tail# 342 at Ft. Campbell) and then got out right before the 160th got their first Echo models. Man I'm feeling old[8D] - Thanks again for the tips on finishing.

Todd
WACO Brotherhood #47

Crankin' em out! We're trying to get them delivered ASAP cause some good guys need them now and are working them hard. Right now I'm messing with the V-22 Osprey at NAS Pax River, MD. doin' things the Navy/Marine way. Jeez, I have an airshow everyday!

A couple of things I forgot about doping.....use a good filter mask so you don't breathe in the dope. Spray in the hot sun as this will help the cure process. And, those nasty little gnats and bugs will be drawn to your work just by the smell. They especially like yellow because it's bright and smells so nice. If you get blushing in the initial coats, don't worry because you will be using retarter in your final coats.
Yeah - Like we got hot sun here in Arizona And as far as blushing goes, well... sometimes my finishes are embarassing Oh, and what are flying bugs? It's the damn scorpions that will really do a nice finish in (and the finisher). If I see'em, I dope'em - point blank... kinda like a mini gun burst - but not near as loud (or spectacular).

Thanks Mike!

Out Here
Todd
Waco Brotherhood #47