RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Racing Volcano Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 10:52 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Volcano Thread

ORIGINAL: gatucar

Hi guys,
My volcano does not work so I need of some experienced advice!
The pipe is broken (I already ordered one) and I have other issues also so I want to start solving them before my new pipe arrives. Can a truck run (just run, I am not talking about best performance) without a pipe?
The engine (was stucked and I oppened and rinsed it with fuel) is finally running but no longer than 4 sec and it stalls. I can not increase the throttle neither since the engine does not rev up. Can this be dirt within the carb? Can this be a damaged engine? Plese send me suggestions.
Thank for your help guys!!
Gatucar
No they can not run with out an Exhaust pipe. Your exhaust pipe is kind of like a fuel pump on your car, it pressurizes the fuel tank to help get the fuel to the engine.

What do you mean the engine was stuck? stuck like it wouldn't turn over when you pulled the cord or was the carb throttle body stuck and wouldn't open?

If you mean the engine was stuck and wouldn't turn when you pulled the cord it could be possible you had hydro lock from to much fuel in the cycliner when ya primed it, or something was wrong with an internal part.

Engine not reving up, becuase the throttle isn't opening or the throttle opens but the rpms never raise? Could be getting to much fuel and bogging it out maybe what caused the possible hydrolock.