RCU Forums - View Single Post - 80RV advice
Thread: 80RV advice
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 09:03 AM
juanes1969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 80RV advice

Mike:
I cleaned the carb as you sugested and there was no dirt in it and the metering valve was ok. I took the plane and engine out for another try, with the needles at 1.5 out each. It started right away. This time I tried a Menz S 26X8. I started turning the needles for a clean low end and then the high. The rpms for this prop were 6600 at most and I tuned them back to 6500.
The only thing that is worrying me now is that the engine seems to be overheating. It was working for about 5 minutes and I know it is not good to keep them working on the ground, so I shut it down and waited for a while. I powered it up again and it came alive right away (first flip)
Now... the high needle seems to not be able to richen the engine, I opened it almost 1/4 turn and the rpms just went down from 6600 to 6550. The low needle was set to give a smooth idle and very good transition to full power, but the high needle didn`t change much from 6550 to 6600.
My plane will have a baffle on it, but I`m concerned about the overheating, Do you think it was only because of the engine being run on the ground for more than 5 minutes?
Any advice Mike?

thanks
John