RCU Forums - View Single Post - U-Can-Do 3d 46?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 07:44 AM
patnjimtucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: U-Can-Do 3d 46?

Hi Zoott. A small thing that I do when I am assembling any ARF. I find that installing the control horns on the elevator(s), ailerons, and rudder kinda difficult when they are installed in their respective places. Sometimes very difficult to get all 3 screws lined up. So what I do now is to install the control horns on the parts before I hinge them to the plane, and I use a small drill press that I have to make sure all the holes through the surfaces are straight and true.
I go over the Do with a sealing iron on the top and bottom of the wing to take any wrinkles in the skin out. This seems to take a little of the vibration out of the plane and it them makes a little less noise.
The 2 servos in the tail, and the 2 on the wing. Once they are installed I run a small bead of clear silicone around the perimeter of each servo. Helps to keep dirt and oil from penetrating into the interior of the plane, and keeps oil away from the wood frame. Oil will eventually soften the wood and make the screws holding the servos less secure.
I do not use the stock tail wheel. Allways use a Sullivan, which mounts on to the plane rather than the rudder. So if you get a hard landing (and you will) the plane takes the shock rather than the rudder and rudder hinges.