RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL KYOSHO THREAD: V1 and FW-05 series
Old 06-09-2007, 07:13 AM
usernametaken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL KYOSHO THREAD: V1 and FW-05 series

ORIGINAL: MrPenguin-

Hi I was wondering if some one could help me with a gearing problem on my FW05T+

Just bought a Kyosho FW05T+ a few weeks ago and for some reason after a drive my car for a a few minutes the first pinon and spur gear loose contact i.e. I loose first gear ? When this happens I have to unscrew the engine screws, reposition the engine/pinion gears then tighten the screws again. I don't thing the engine is getting loose as I put lock thread on there and the screws are still tight after the gears seperate..

Has this happened to anyone else before? and what can I do to stop it happening?
Only thing I can think of is even though you think its tight, you might have to much of a build up in your thread holes of old loctite etc and even though it feels tight, it might be just the screws binding. I would see if you can clean those holes out first, maybe get some new screws and try again. Also are your teeth wearing out on your transmission, if it keeps coming loose you might be close to stripping those gears.

Also if you have a good crash sometimes thats enough to move the motor and it still seems tight. What loctite are you using. I think I use the 222 if my memory is correct.