RCU Forums - View Single Post - sts questions
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 02:58 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sts questions

A little back ground about me first. I have only been into RC for about 8 or 9 years and only racing for about a year and seriously for about 6 months. I have been a motorcycle mechanic and machinist for over 35 years. I have my own little machine shop here at the house and can do more to a motorcycle then most dealers can with out subbing it out.

When I got my STS D21B RBmods engine of coarse I took it apart to look at. The work on the sleeve and crank looked OK but where it was put back together on the lower part of the rod and the bushing it was beat up pretty bad! It has held up fine but being I work on motorcycles that cost as much as $60,000 or more I sure would not do work like this. As far as the way it runs I do not see a whole lot of difference between my stock B and the RBmods B. I did every thing just like Rick Brake recommend even thaw I was not crazy of his recommendations including break in. I sure do not see where it is worth the money and sure would not pay to have it done!

As far as the STS D21T MKII it is all ready factory modified and sure would not spend the money to have it modified, as most the work is all ready done. Being I do not have one cannot say how far or what other work could be done as far as modifying. I do hope to have one with in the next 2 or 3 months. If I ever mess with modified engines again I will do the work my self.

I have talked to many other races at some fairly big races and there is very mixed emotions about RBmods.