RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1st Crash
Thread: 1st Crash
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 03:27 PM
waydown2low

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1st Crash

Wait till you've been doing this thing for more than 15+ years, as an instructor, test pilot, and general crash test dummie. I have had more dead stick landings, than power on landings over the years. It is not a big deal unless your low and slow with some new unproven airplane that glides like a lead sled. I have been lucky and never destroyed my own or someone elses plane during one of these events. But I can say that I still run into occasions where my knees will start clattering like a 16 year old taking a driving test.

As far as not getting to solo yet, I would bring that up as soon as possible to your instructor, the learning curve doesn't get going good till your out on your own having to make all the decisions, and yes you will break a few airplanes but don't sweat it, just get another and keep on truckin! I would recommend practicing some kind of set aerobatic routine, basic pattern, Imac, whatever, it will help you develope skills with the rudder and and plane position, but don't worry about competing unless that is your cup of tea. Enjoy the hobby and have a blast and don't worry about what other people say do, what makes you happy.

If you can't see it anymore don't hand me the controls!![8D]