RCU Forums - View Single Post - World A-6 Intruder
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 02:59 PM
ekir
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: World A-6 Intruder

I feel that I am starting to get my Intruder dialed in. I need to fly it more often, but flying field is 40 minutes away from the house. I am now flying the Intruder with the CG 1" behind the main landing gear. So far I like the way it feels at that position. It has not shown any tendency of wanting to dip a wing as it gets real slow. By having the CG this far back, I have bent the landing gear backwards, so the Intruder will sit with the nose wheel on the ground.

I have added a program mix and will leave the mix on for my type of flying. As rudder is applied, a small amount of down elevator is mixed.

How many Intruder pilots are using expo. I have a small amount (-15%) mixed. I have never used very much expo in the past. Maybe I am missing the point of expo?

I am using a little less elevator than the individual on the previous post, but probably will increase elevator to see how it feels.

Finally another question; With the servo in the wing as shown in the instructions, I can not use the hole closest to the output shaft. When I set up my throws to get three rolls in five seconds, I have to dial out lots of my aileron throw. Is this inefficient? Would it be better to have the throws at full max, not dialed out? The only way I could do this is go to a longer control horn on the aileron.

Ed K.