RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lanier Mariner 40 MKII ARF 62"
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 11:45 AM
N215PB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lanier Mariner 40 MKII ARF 62"

i've had it in nice calm water on all 3 times, i looked at the hull and everything for cracks and wings are dry. The last 3 flights were really touchy. Last nite i thought at one point it was gonna just dive in from a 100'. This is interesting, yesterday I balanced it real good on GP balancer device. It flew wacky and i darn near lost later in the evening. Today I put her on balance and she's way tail heavy..........only because the inside hull balsa wood is wet......it's now tail heavy as hell cause it's damp. I rebalanced it in damp condition as i am going to fly it in a few hours with wings sealed better. I would guess last nite after that flight and a few minutes of taxi that i drained maybe 4-6oz of water out of her.........it certainly would make a difference with that running back and forth over a 16" length of hull.....plus wet heavy balsa. Whatever it sure makes me gun shy to fly it everytime. I'm thinkin of maybe a real runny epoxy mix and coating inside of hull. Whatever though the last 3 flights have been real exciting....2 were crashes and last nite i survived one out of 3. Oh well..............water is always a challenge to any machine.