RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Reactor GP/EP 3D ARF .46-.70
Old 06-24-2007, 09:54 AM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Reactor GP/EP 3D ARF .46-.70

Well, After lots and lots of experimenting I've finally gotten this plane flying perfectly. Here's my set up for what it's worth. I'm using a Saito 82 and have .040" of shim behind the top of the engine mount for down thrust. I have taken out the original landing gear in favor of a set from a U Can Do. Just happen to have an extra set and found that they work great. Also I had the battery pack at about 15" forward of the very back of the fuse (measured from the hinge point of the fuse and rudder) but found that I still had to add 1 oz of tail weight to get it to balance right. Recently though I moved the battery to an area just forward of the fuse/rudder hinge point and put the battery in there and took off the 1 oz of tail weight. With some carefull cutting and some epoxy it fit in there good and is solid. Also since I had noticed a little bit of siphoning of fuel while it was sitting and some poor engine response I put a loop in the fuel line and that seems to have helped out a lot.

The CG is now 5 1/2" and the plane flies spectacular and the ground handling is great. It hovers good and it knife edges good with no coupling at all. Also when I roll it inverted it doesn't dive like it used to. It just stays relatively level. This has become one of my favorite planes to fly. Here's the pics.........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11854.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	709843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59343.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	709844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qw56496.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	112.4 KB