RCU Forums - View Single Post - Needed! AMA president
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Needed! AMA president

RED: Here he lists Campaign Statement, Background, Resume, AMA Committees, His District Columns, Photo Gallery and contact information.
Red, DM is holding back on the campaign statement. Not there yet. That is an important part of what does he wish to do with AMA.

"Good old Horrace was even elected as a District representative once and knows the territory pretty well ." "..... has plenty of good ideas. The question is, does he have the finesse to sell them as an AMA officer.
Correction; Good old Horrace was elected TWICE, once over the incumbent, and the second time by WRITE-IN vote of the District VI voters. That write-in was because the all-knowing nomination committee left Cain and the late Earl Witt (then pres.) off the ballot for re-election. Earl was the best Pres. AMA ever had, and was the original idea man for a lot of the progress AMA Made in the "80s that others received the credit for.

Back then votes were counted in AMA hdqtrs. AMA staff hid the write-ins but Earl found them and made JW have them counted. I was re-elected with over 51% and Earl almost made it back. Back then one had to have 51% or there were run-off elections.

I ran for EVP in '81, and won however by only 49%. The run-off election was a source of contention, and thereafter ballots went to an outside source. Know whut ah mean??? That was a big part of my resigning in early '82 just after the Freq. Chairman resigned!

My greatest claim to fame was the November '81 meeting, where I may not have had "....the finesse to sell..." but I had the courage and willingness to BUY, so I arranged for the final release of the new 50 channels, already approved but being held up by a lower bureaucrat. About two weeks later the freqs. were released and soon after the Freq. chairman decided to get the _ell out of Dodge and I soon followed but also for a number of other reasons.