RCU Forums - View Single Post - Needed! AMA president
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Needed! AMA president

Sorry about the oversight on how many times you were elected.

I would like to see them go back to the 51% need to elect. So we have a run off, at least we would have a leader that 51% approved of. I recall a recent election in D-V where the incumbent was placed back in office with only 42.5%.

Winning a write-in in D-VII was great, seems like it we be no problem to get on the ballot this year by nominations from your own district. A lot of those people must still be around. Hope you make it. We were able to get a candidate on the D-V ballot in spite of efforts to keep him off, simply because he had more names on the nomination form than all the rest of the candidates put together. Hard to ignore something like that.

I'm sure your subsequent resignation had a lot more reasons than the opposition against you. It just isn't HC character to cut and run, at least I hope it isn't. I would hate to see the voting membership get sucked in by another Ross Perot like character from Texas.

You state, "I had the courage and willingness to BUY." You are not telling us that you bought a bureaucrat are you? :-)