RCU Forums - View Single Post - World Models Sky Raider Mach II
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 08:25 PM
binky99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: World Models Sky Raider Mach II

ORIGINAL: Bernowt

Hi,
I'm learning to fly on this plane and I'm very pleased with how it flies. Construction issues I encountered were the following:

• Covering needed to be tacked down along all seams and is still having trouble staying on
• Aileron torque rods are uneven and one side is rather tight
• No way to add foam around the fuel tank short of hacking and recovering the fuse
• Landing gear is very weak
• Tee-nut placement for wing bolts is slightly off and incorrectly angled. It's a chore to get the wing bolted on.

Not too bad for an inexpensive ARF, I suppose. If only it looked as good as it flies... [&o]
Bernowt, I am building one now and your right....foam around the fuel tank is next to impossible. To try and cushion the fuel tank, I cut 3 pieces of fuel line .....2 at about an inch long and 1 at an inch and a half long. I then sliced all three pieces and fit them over the bulkhead at the rear of the tank. Thinking about it now.....I should have done the same to the square stock that is epoxied in at the back of the tank. Hopefully I will have this thing up and flying by the weekend..............I will let you know how it did.