RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cessna wants royalties if you build a model of their planes!
Old 06-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Ch0pp3r
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cessna wants royalties if you build a model of their planes!

A couple of items here...

5487, well thought out reply but I think you missed part of the point I was trying to make. One underlying, and important point to what I was saying was that Cessna has to protect it's intellectual property from 'all-comers' or risk losing their cases in international court. That means they can't pick and choose who they allow (with a wink and a nod) to copy their property. So this includes modelers too (companies). The good news is they can arrange deals with the modeling industry for reasonable sums of money, if they so choose.

And yes, modelers can build whatever they like for their own personal consumption and use. You just cant go into business building and selling them without a licensing agreement if you are using someone elses intellectual property.

So Anonymouse can put "Cessna" all over all of his airplanes and nobody will care.

This is my opinion and nobody else can have this opinion without purchasing the rights to my opinion. My opinion sells for cheap because it's not worth very much...