RCU Forums - View Single Post - KMP Stuka-build details
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 12:48 PM
hookemut
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP Stuka-build details

Some thoughts while connecting pull-pull rudder leads:
Building the Stuka: when installing elevator push rods-the guide tubes are already glued in, and they pretty much force both horns to face to the outside which is then wrong for one elevator. Choices: break one guide tube free and relocate it inboard so the pushrod allows the horns be on the same sides. This option might interfer with the rudder servo and it's operation; use a computer radio and place one elevator servo on an auxiliary channel where it can be reversed, or use as I chose-a servo reversing lead.

WRT to your engine choices-the basic Stuka has a bunch more drag than does a Hurricane or such. I recently built and flew the lovely Great Planes Curtiss P-6E Hawk . This model is similar in both size and weight to our Stuka and is represented to be powered with a .60-.91 cu in (10 - 15cc) 2-strokeOR .91-1.20 cu in (15 - 20cc) 4-stroke. First try was a FPE 1.3 cui gas engine-bad choice, way underpowered. It now flies great with a YS 120FS. Point being-lots of drag: wheel spats/trousers, struts, 2nd wing.

Now, looking ahead-might you want to fly with the 37mm cannon pods? LOTS more drag! These pods slowed the real Stuka down to around 278kph!
As I say, just food for thought, hope that y'all are staying cool and dry!
hookemut