RCU Forums - View Single Post - Byron Mustang w/Original Byron 50--Will it Fly?
Old 06-30-2007, 11:06 PM
BuffyTheSaint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Byron Mustang w/Original Byron 50--Will it Fly?

Hey all. I just got a set of new blades from Iron Bay for my Mustang today. They are much stiffer then the originals. They won't flex as much too. I'm hoping for some improvement. I received them within 2 weeks. My Mustang was given to me from a club member who passed away. It sat for 20 years before the first flight. On the maiden flight it stalled about 2 feet off the ground during landing. Broke the upper strut leg on the gear. I ordered a couple (one extra,in case[]) from Iron Bay (5years ago) and they came thru. That big prop really does slow it down. You have to keep the power up until touchdown. The roll rate is slow but very realistic. If you can get some good video you can play with playback and see those props working in slow motion. It's a sweet site to see. I like spitmads idea of putting in two servos fo the aerlerons. I'm going to look into it. Here is my Mustang. The paint job is not mine. I haven't had the heart to change it.
Question. I think my P51 has a quadra 35. Did they make it with a 35 or am I wrong?

Brian

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93239.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	714402   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82780.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	714403   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xd80821.jpg
Views:	57