RCU Forums - View Single Post - Genesis & MTM Brakes,..... WOW!!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Scott_GTR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genesis & MTM Brakes,..... WOW!!

I finally fitted a set of Nemesis MTM brakes to my Genesis today.

I have almost replaced/upgraded every part possibly on my Genesis, except the brakes.

I tried making longer levers and adjusted the standard breaks every way possible, but it never offered anything more than a tiny bit of slowing down power. So for my 2nd total overhaul for this year , I have now added a front alloy diff, Nenesis metal front prop shaft, (after that failed), and heavy duty rear drive shafts and of course the MTM breaks. I was not sure, but desided to run my carbon GPM disc, instead of the metal ones that come in the upgrade kit.

Taking it out today, the stopping power is stunning!!!! [X(][X(][X(]

Running on a flat grassy field, flat out for 200yds, then full brakes, and is came to a complete stand still in 20ft, tearing two strips out of the grass.

I have to say, it is the single best mod I have made so far, and now I can stop, it should prevent so much crash damage.

I only wish you Nemesis and GST owners had stress how good MTM are before now. []

The GPM Carbon discs held up very well and show no real signs of wear.

The only problem I did have today was snapping the pins off of a front standard drive shaft. I will get around to adding heavy duty ones to the front in time, but as I still have 3 or 4 spares, I will wait until these have been used first until I do.

Besides, my main hobby, my Nissan GT-R, is having a total rebuild at the moment and its running way of cost, as these things do.

But fortunately for now, my Genemesis is just awesome!!!!

Here are a few photos taken before this weeks make over:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24200.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	533.3 KB
ID:	714589   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj28617.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	618.6 KB
ID:	714590   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68265.jpg
Views:	13