RCU Forums - View Single Post - Troubling observations about brushless . . .
Old 07-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Lilredmachine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Troubling observations about brushless . . .

ORIGINAL: RURC

ORIGINAL: mbeatle

Better batteries than a matched IB4200 pack? I know there's lipo, but you shouldn't need that to eliminate cogging. I think it may just be a loose wire between the ESC and motor.

At any rate, when the truck was running properly, it wasn't cogging. What is the anti-squat setting? Big spacers in rear?
IB4200's are not capable of supplying the needed amps to fully run a Mamba Max system depending on the esc settings period. THe mamba Max can draw 100 amps continous IB's cant even come close to that.
Agreed, you need heavy duty lipos to get the most from a brushless setup. The most you'll ever be able to pull out of (even matched, zapped IB 4200) NIMH cells continuously is about 40 amps, anything more than that and the voltage drops real fast. My Revo/E-maxx hybrid runs a little feigao 380 XL motor with a CC Phoenix 80 (with a UBEC) on 14 cells through a Revo FOC tranny, mounted on a Kershaw racing chassis stretched 1 1/4 inch over stock. Even with the small motor she'll run 40mph and pull the front up on the 1st to 2nd shift. I really want some lipos as the NIMHs really struggle to give up the juice my mild as hell set up demands. You don't need a sick set up to have sick power, a well set up system will give you the speed you need without the uncontrollable flips and wheelies.